Text Size

Announcements

Hermetic Press Moves to Antarctica

News from Hermetic Press

Hermetic Press Moves to Antarctica

Postby StephenMinch » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:10 pm

By now, many of you have heard of a large change for Hermetic Press.

We are still making fine books. Just this past May, Standup Card Magic by Roberto Giobbi was released. Another, The Aretalogy of Vanni Bossi, will be ready for shipping in just a day or so. Other books—Magic Christian’s in-depth study of the Top Change and Bottom Change with many innovations, and the long-awaited volume on Geoff Latta’s coin magic—are quite far along and release dates are expected in the first half of 2017.

But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Hermetic Press has merged with Penguin Magic. Why? As many of you know, Hermetic Press has always been a one-man operation. That man is me, Stephen Minch, and in recent years I’ve been spreading myself a bit too thin. Running a business takes a great deal of time, and with each year the time required has grown greater and greater. The result has been that I have had less time to edit, write, design and publish the many books I have waiting for my attention—and yours. I needed someone to take over the business-end of the business, so that I have more time to make the books.

Penguin Magic is now doing that for me. In addition, in the near future their expert staff will be creating Hermetic Press e-books, particularly focusing on out-of-print titles, something I’ve wished to do for years, but I’ve found time to do only a handful.

I will continue to produce books of the kind and quality you’ve come to expect from Hermetic Press. And Penguin will be producing them under the Hermetic Press imprint, and selling them to you. Penguin Magic is quite probably the world’s largest online magic retailer. Penguin also has a reputation for fast fulfillment of orders, one that equals the service you’re accustomed to receiving from Hermetic Press. They are a customer-oriented business. Beginning with the publication of Giobbi’s Standup Card Magic, orders are being received, processed and shipped by Penguin Magic. Check their Web site, http://www.penguinmagic.com, for new books and previous titles. Our books will also continue to be available from most magic dealers.

Thank all of you for your years of support. I hope you will continue to enjoy the Hermetic Press books I create in the coming years, published and distributed by Penguin Magic, Inc.

With Best Wishes,
Stephen Minch
StephenMinch

Return to Announcements